Working Artist Studios are extending the deadline of their current Artist Residency opportunity – apply by Sunday, 11 July 2021.
Working Artist Studios (WAS) invite applications from County Cork and/or Cork City based artists for its Summer Artist Residency 2021. Situated in the beautiful West Cork village of Ballydehob this month long residency will provide an artist with a studio space and time to develop a project, explore their ideas, and experiment with their techniques and art practice.
About Working Artist Studios
Working Artist Studios is an independent, artist run gallery and creative hub in Ballydehob comprising of 2 galleries, 5 studios, an event space and a print room (coming soon). A key player in the arts scene in West Cork, since its foundation in 2000 WAS has offered a vibrant programme of exhibitions and artist’s talks from artists both emerging and established, as well as poetry nights hosting a number of top profile Irish and international poets.
In WAS, we are committed to living naturally and making changes in our art practice to become more environmentally friendly; we encourage our artists in residency consider the environmental impact of their practice.
Key dates and duration of the residency
Dates: 1 month (July – August 2021 – exact dates are flexible and to be agreed with the successful candidate) The end of the residency will be marked by an ancillary event, format of which will be agreed with the successful artist in order to suit their work and proposal. This event will be online, in person or a blended event depending on Covid-19 restrictions at the time.
Who can apply?
This opportunity is open to artists based in County Cork and/or Cork City at any stage of their artistic career. We particularly encourage applications from emerging artists.
Facilities, equipment and in-house support
Working Artist Studios is located in a 3 storey terraced town house with 5 studios on the upper floors.
- Private Studio (10′ X 14′) with a high ceiling and a large window for natural light.
- €300 Stipend
- a large gallery
- a smaller gallery
- On site support team will offer admin, technical and marketing support
- Video documentation of the residency
- Online showcase
- Access to online shop during the residency
Please note: Working Artist Studios is not currently able to provide Living Accommodation for its residencyprogramme.
Our Covid-19 Protocol
Artists and members of the public must follow government and HSE guidelines, practising good personal hygiene and maintaining social distancing at all times.
Please note: as with all future plans, this opportunity may change subject to government advice in response to Covid-19. This may lead to the possible cancellation of the residency or for it to be adapted and delivered in a different way via remote or digital means if and where possible.
How to apply?
Please send the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A current CV and artist statement in .pdf format
- A project plan outlining: what you are planning to achieve during your residency, how the residency will help you develop your ideas, why and how this residency will help you develop your practice (500 words approx).
- 10 images of your current/recent work in a .png or .jpeg format. Please name each image with your full name and title of the work and include a list of images outlining titles, dimensions and technique.
Performance and Video: please send us links to 5 video or audio clips.
Poetry and Writing: please send us an excerpt of your recent work of up to 10 pages.
The new deadline for submissions is Sunday, 11th July 2021. If you require this information in another format, please get in touch with us at email@example.com and let us know how we can support you.
- Artistic practice and experience
- Scope for artistic development
- Quality and feasibility of the proposal
The successful applicant will be chosen by a panel.
To find out more, please contact us!
Working Artist Studios gratefully acknowledges the support of Cork County Council